What Will Link Building Do For My Site?
Websites with a diverse link profile and a greater number of links are viewed by search engines as more relevant and trustworthy than a site with fewer links from fewer domains. Increasing the number of links you have into your site will ultimately help your site rank higher in search engine results.
Building links to your site will have several benefits:
- Drive traffic to your site. Links drive traffic to your site and get your agency in front of more people. More traffic equals a greater opportunity for conversion and increased sales and revenue for your business.
- Building links lets search engines know what the pages of your site are all about. Links with optimized anchor text improve your rankings by getting search engines to associate keywords with the corresponding pages to your site. If you have ever clicked through a link it was probably due to the anchor text. Rather than “click here”, you want your links to say “City, State Insurance”, or whatever keyword term you would like to rank for.
- Links equal authority. To a search engine, the more links you have on industry websites, the more authoritative your site appears. To a search engine, your link on a site means that you are a resource to that site.
Links can come in several different packages and building different types of links can help you build that diverse link profile that I spoke about earlier. Here are a few examples of some of the tactics used to build links:
- PPC – Pay per click links are advertisements that are purchased on a pay per click basis. A PPC campaign is a great way to appear at the top of SERPs with keyword-rich copy and a descriptive link back to your site. The PPC links will appear at the top of the page, ahead of the organic search rankings. PPC links are used to drive traffic to your site and you can target the clients you want to capture. Contact a PPC Agency today to know more about pay per clicks.
- Blog links – These are links within copy such as a blog post or another editorial piece. Content links are very beneficial because they are one of the most natural ways to go about link building. When a link with optimized anchor text can be naturally worked into copy it has a great chance to be clicked through, getting people directly to your website. Also, the practice of forming relationships and writing on other blogs will help you to be viewed as an authority within your industry. Guest blogging can typically be worked out where the blogger will post your content in exchange for a link back to your site.
- Press Releases – Press releases work great for any type of newsworthy information or breaking news about your agency. Oftentimes press releases will be picked up into the news feed of a search engine. Using press release submission services like PRWeb will get your press release syndicated out to several news sources.
- Link Bait – Link baiting is the practice of creating something that will generate its own links. This can be a useful tool that people can link to on their websites or something that can be shared. Creating linkbait is not an exact science and can be tricky but is one of the most natural ways to build links.
In closing, links are viewed as the streets and roads of the internet, and the more roads you have leading back to your site the more opportunities you will have for people to find you.
Undergoing a link-building campaign requires planning a strategy and executing that strategy but the benefits of link building are long-lasting SEO success. A link-building campaign can take up to 12 months to be fully realized but like anything you get out of it what you put into it. If you need a digital marketing agency, Anthem can help you!